Summer Fun Camp
Summer Fun 2023
Summer Fun is an 8-week long camp hosted by the Parks and Recreation Department. One field trip per week is included in the camp fees. We also work with SMCISD to provide lunch for the duration of the program. Summer Fun is a program for ages 7-13, Mon-Fri from 7:30am-5:30pm. This program will be hosted at Rodriguez Elementary School. The eight-week program dates are June 12 - August 4.
Registration is only available on the ACTIVE net website. If you need assistance creating your account, or if you are having trouble logging into your account, our website has step-by-step instructions that can guide you. Please make sure your account information, including your cell phone number and email address, are up to date. For additional assistance, including questions about camp waitlists, please call the San Marcos Activity Center at 512-393-8280.
For more camp updates, follow our Facebook page.
Children ages 7-13 (they can be 6 if they have completed the first grade) are eligible to register
- Residents: $40 per child/week
- Non-Residents: $63 per child/week
Dates and Time
- Monday - Friday; 7:30am - 5:30pm
- June 12 - August 4
- Rodriguez Elementary School
ePACT for Summer Camps
San Marcos Parks and Recreation is proud to announce our adoption of ePACT Network for better safety! ePACT is a secure emergency network, that we will use to collect medical and emergency contact information electronically. Not only will ePACT replace paper forms, but it will also ensure we have a way to communicate with you in the event of an unexpected situation.
Why We Are Using ePACT
- To save you time - With ePACT, you only need to complete your child’s information once, and can then use that same record for other programs or subsequent years.
- Improved privacy and security - Eliminating paper forms ensures that your key information is safe and secure. ePACT maintains the same levels of security as online banking, and limits access only to the administrators we assign for enhanced privacy.
- Better support - ePACT makes it easy for you to share comprehensive health and emergency contact details, so we can provide the best support to your child. Plus, you can update this anytime and we will automatically receive those new details.
How It Works
- You’ll receive an email from ePACT invite to share information with San Marcos Parks and Recreation.
- Click ’Complete Request’ to create a free account, or log-in if you already have an existing ePACT account.
- Enter the required information, like medical conditions, and share it with San Marcos Parks and Recreation so that program staff has access.
- For ePACT assistance, please review their informational packet (English).
- Para leer el paquete en Español, haga clic aquí.
Cenikor at Camps
The Cenikor Prevention Education team provides health and wellness education for grades 1-12. A positive educational curriculum, presentations and activities will focus on self-image, self-regulation skills, tackling peer & social media pressure, and healthy self-care practices.
Discovery Camp topics include: health and wellness education topics related to adopting healthy stress strategies and self-care practices, recognizing healthy choices and healthy friendships, conflict resolution, positive coping skills related to anxiety and anger, along with fun team building, communication and social skills.
Summer Fun topics can include (in addition to those covered at Discovery Camp): activities related to goal setting to increase confidence, assertiveness skills to increase resiliency with peer pressure, and age appropriate presentations featuring the dangers of substance misuse/use including tobacco/nicotine (short and long-term health effects, laws, etc.), Art activities will also be offered to provide opportunities for creative self-reflection and expression.