911 Shift Supervisors
Laurie Scott911 Shift SupervisorPhone: 512-754-2241
Laurie began her service as a 911 Telecommunicator with the Texas State University Police Department in 2007. After graduating from Texas State University with a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice and a minor in Forensic Psychology, she began her career with San Marcos Police Department in April of 2018. She was promoted to Communications Training Officer/Lead in October of 2016 and then to 911 Shift Supervisor in November of 2018. She holds a Master Telecommunications Operator License by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement.
- Communications Training Officer from APCO
- EMD and EFD Certifications by the International Academy of Emergency Dispatch
- CPR Certified through American Heart Association
- NENA Member since 2017
- Family Care Team member since 2018
- Public Education Team member since 2018
911 Shift Supervisor
Email Jessica Robinson
Jessica began her career as a 911 Telecommunicator in June of 2001. During her time with the San Marcos Communications Division, she has served as a telecommunicator, communications training officer, Senior Emergency Communications Operator and 911 Shift Supervisor. She is currently responsible for leading the Police, Fire and EMS Communications Liaison Team, The Public Education Team and Background Investigations for the communications division.
Jessica has a passion for employee mental health and is working towards a Master’s Degree in Family Studies. A portion of her degree concentrates on research applicable to the 911 center, aimed at educating employees regarding work related stress, burn-out and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – Texas Women’s University
- Master of Criminal Justice – Tarleton State University
- Master Telecommunicator Certification
- EPD, EMD and EFD Certifications through the International Academy of Emergency Dispatch