Veterans Month of Service
- November 1-7 – Honor a Veteran: Submit a photo of a veteran you wish to honor to our San Marcos Veterans Story Map or to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and a brief description of that person. The story map is an interactive map with pictures and service stories of Veterans from all wars. An album will be created on the SMTX Community Services Facebook page to include submitted photos and descriptions.
- November 6 – Celebrate our Veterans at the annual Veterans Day Parade in downtown San Marcos. Parade begins at 10:00am.
- November 8-14 – Donate to Wreath’s Across America: Donations made will go towards a remembrance wreath being placed on gravesites of veterans buried in the City of San Marcos Cemetery on December 18, 2021. Sponsor a wreath or sign up to volunteer at wreathsacrossamerica.org/tx0916
- November 15-21 – Write a letter: The public is encouraged to write a letter to a veteran living in a Texas State Veteran Home. The Veterans Land Board Mail Drop program allows us to show appreciation for a Veteran, their service and dedication to our great nation.
- November 20 – Volunteer to locate and mark over 700 Veteran graves in the San Marcos City Cemetery in preparation for the upcoming Wreaths Across America Day. Meet at the cemetery at 9:30am.
- November 22-30 - Support the Hays County Food Bank: The Hays County Food Bank along with the VFW Post #3413 and the Hays County Veterans Service Office host a Veterans Food Assistance Distribution A list of foods to donate along with instructions on how to donate them can be found here. When dropping the food items off, please include a note that the food is for the Veterans Food Assistance Distribution. Food items can also be ordered on Amazon and delivered to the Food Bank. Monetary donations can be made online at the Hays County Food Bank's donation webpage or by mailing them a check.