Dog's Day Out Program
How to get started:
- Complete the Dog's Day Out application
- Go over protocols and procedures
- Look for an email from our coordinator within 72 hours
- The coordinator will assist in scheduling a day and time for your outing
- Review and sign the Agreement and General Release form when you come in for your scheduled Dog's Day Outing
- Take your shelter pup on a great outing!
Questions about the Dog's Day Out Program? Send an email to email@example.com!
Dog's Day Out FAQs
No, any member of the community is able to participate in SMRAS' Dog's Day Out Program.
Participants in the program must complete the DDO application and have a valid Government I.D.
There are lots of things you can do while on a DDO!
- Taking a shelter dog hiking
- Walking through local parks
- Visiting dog-friendly places
- Dog parks or places where multiple dogs congregate is prohibited.
- Going to get a tasty treat like a pup cup
- Going to the river
- And many more!
No, our Dog's Day Our Program is designed to help a shelter dog decompress from a noisy, stressful, and overwhelming shelter environment.
It is against our DDO policy for the shelter dog to interact with other animals while on their outing. This is for the dog's safety.
Yes! Make sure to include that children will be attending the outing on your DDO application. Staff will be able to best pair you with the appropriate dog.