Residential Parking Permits
In February of 2023, the Parking Enforcement Division of the Marshal's Department began accepting applications, taking payments and issuing permits for designated residential parking permit only areas. This is to ensure that residential areas under these parking restrictions are more efficiently monitored, patrolled and enforced.
Petitioning for and designation of residentially restricted parking areas is still managed by the Public Works Department.
Information regarding petitions for residentially restricted parking can be found here.
Applying for a residential parking permit
Permits may be obtained or renewed by submitting an application for residential parking permit along with proof of residency and payment at the Grant Harris Jr. Building at 401 E Hopkins Street, San Marcos, TX 78666.
Print the application (PDF)
Proof of residency may be shown with at least one of the following:
Documents can be submitted in person at 401 E Hopkins St, San Marcos, TX 78666 or via email at email@example.com.
- Resident - Digital Permits assigned to the License Plates of residents. Limit of three per residence.
- Guest - Physical Permits that can be given to guests to provide parking in restricted areas. Limit of two per residence
- Daily - Temporary paper permit , usually purchased for an event; such as birthdays or parties. No limit
- Temporary Construction - Available to construction crews and homeowners who are remodeling or building.
- Permits are valid for the street and block on which the holder resides. Parking on a residentially restricted street on which you do not reside could result in a citation.
- Permits are valid for one (1) year from date of issuance. They must be renewed on or before the expiration date to ensure residential parking privileges.
- One guest permit will be issued for each Resident permit with a maximum of two guest permits per residence.
- The combined total number of Resident permits and Guest permits for each residence is limited to 5 Permits per year.
|Temporary Construction Permit||No Cost|