Willow Creek Neighborhood Workshop
The Neighborhood Workshop for the Willow Creek Study Area was held on Saturday, May 23, 2015 from 10 a.m. to noon at Dick's Classic Car Garage, 120 Stagecoach Trail in San Marcos.
On Saturday, May 23, 2015 residents from the Willow Creek Neighborhood study area worked together during a Neighborhood Workshop to identify:
- Appropriate places for improvements that implement the policies in the City's Comprehensive Plan, Vision San Marcos
- Areas that are susceptible to change
- Areas that make up the character of their neighborhood and are important to preserve
Check out the maps and comments (PDF) from this activity.
Workshop participants also brainstormed objectives that would apply 4 different Goals of the Comprehensive Plan in their neighborhoods by completing the following statements:
- In order to Direct Growth so it is Compatible with Surrounding Uses in our neighborhood, I suggest...
- In order to have a Multimodal Transportation Network that Improves Accessibility and Mobility and Minimizes Congestion ad Reduces Pollution in our neighborhood, I suggest...
- In order to have Diversified Housing Option to Serve Citizens with Varying Needs in our neighborhood, I suggest...
- In order to have a Differentiated Collection of Connected and Easily Navigated Parks and Public Spaces in our neighborhood, I suggest...
Review the objectives that participants came up with (PDF) during the workshop.