How do I request an energy audit for my house or business?
Through the Free Energy Audit program, the City of San Marcos provides electric utility customers with customized recommendations on how to reduce energy consumption and associated utility costs. The energy audit includes an evaluation of:

- Heating/AC equipment and ductwork
- Ventilation systems
- Energy using appliances
- Insulation
- Windows and doors
- And more

To schedule your Free Energy Audit, contact the San Marcos Electric Utility at 512-393-8308.

Show All Answers

1. What phone number do I call to report an outage?
2. What do I do if my power goes out?
3. Where are my breakers located?
4. When my breaker fails, who is responsible for replacing it?
5. What is the most frequent cause of power outages in San Marcos?
6. When my meter loop is damaged, what am I responsible for repairing?
7. How do I report tree limbs on power lines?
8. When will the City trim tree limbs?
9. Who do I call if there is a low hanging wire or a wire on the ground?
10. How do I request an underground line locate for utilities?
11. When my meter loop is ready, how do I request a meter?
12. How do I request electrical service?
13. How do I know who my electric provider will be?
14. How do I read my electric meter?
15. How do I request an energy audit for my house or business?
16. How do I report a street or customer light outage?
17. Does the City support Net Metering?